Watersports, as fun as they may be, include a few not so pleasant aspects that people must deal with. Wearing the right equipment is, most of the times, the best solution to keep you away from all the unpleasantness. Think of fishing, boating, hiking, or even kayaking. What do they all have in common? They involve wet environments. No matter which of the above you choose, I can guarantee that you will end up with your feet wet.
Not all is lost, though. You can do something about it. All you have to do is buy a pair of water shoes. They are a combination of sneakers and sandals that can easily handle wet environments.
Advantages and disadvantages of water shoes
I want to start by saying that a pair of watershoes should be a must for every activity that involves you spending some time in environments that are wet of very humid. Either you go hiking, or just fishing on a boat, these shoes will make your life a little bit easier than without. Here is why.
- They protect your feet – I am not talking about sandy beaches here. You can wear flip-flops there. But have you ever been to a lake and decided to try the water? Lakes don’t usually have smooth sand at the bottom. They have rocks, and they are quite stingy, so to speak. I can’t even remember how many times I cut my feet in sharps rocks or shells at the bottom of a lake. That was before I found out that water shoes existed. They will protect you against anything that is sharp and stingy. As a plus, they will keep rocks and sediment out.
- Some brands manufacture multi-purpose water shoes – that means they are good in water as well as on land. It comes in handy at times and makes them the best water shoes for hiking. I assume you went hiking before, and you know that it sometimes implies going through creeks or morning dew. A pair of water shoes will help your feet get dry faster than regular hiking shoes.
- They provide excellent traction – manufacturers acknowledge the fact that water environments are slippery and they know the importance of a good grip. In all the situations you need to go through water, traction will surely give you an advantage
- They will dry very quick – I feel as if I have to make myself clear. Water shoes will not keep your feet dry. Rubber boots will. But I dare you to go hiking in rubber boots. Water shoes are designed not to retain water and dry very fast. As long as all the water goes out the shoes, your feet will be dry in a couple of hours. This is not valid for any season. You can keep your feet dry through various ways, like waterproof boots, or Gore-Tex socks. However, those options are not so comfortable in the summer. Your feet will cook in those. That is why water shoes represent an excellent alternative.
- Bad smell will not be an issue – have you ever spent the entire day in wet shoes and then took them off? The smell is so horrible that you want to set the shoes on fire. You will not have this problem with water shoes.
I have to admit that I couldn’t find too many disadvantages for water shoes, but I just wanted to disclose everything you need to know about them. The only relevant drawback is that they are not very good for specific situations and they can only be used when the temperature is at a certain level. Although many people say that sandals are better in the summer, I don’t agree. As long as my feet breathe, it’s fine, which is the case with these shoes. I may be a little hot, but at least my feet are protected. In the winter, on the other hand, water shoes don’t provide proper insulation, which is why you should put them in storage at the end of the autumn and take them out in the spring.
How to choose the best water shoes?
With so many options out there, choosing the best water shoes for you may not be as easy as you may think. The secret lies in your determination. Try to establish a few criteria to guide you, and you can go from there. Here are the most important aspects that will ensure you make the best decision.
- Construction – pay attention to details because they can make the difference between a pair of water shoes that will last a few years and a disposable pair. Look at the seems, they have to be even. Also, take a look at the edges. Manufacturers who produce cheap models will cut corners every chance they get.
- Brand – I know that this criterion may seem a bit superficial, but it’s really not. If you need a pair of running shoes, which brand would you choose? The cheap ones at the local hypermarket, or the ones designed and manufactured by a world-renowned sports brand? It’s the same with water shoes. Not all manufacturers provide high-quality water shoes. My advice is to avoid them because you will regret at some point. They may be more expensive, but in the long run, you will save money.
- Decide what are buying the water shoes for – instead of going for a multi-purpose pair, it’s best if you purchase a pair for a specific purpose. Not all shoes are the same. For whitewater kayaking, you want a pair that will stay on your feet no matter what. Flatwater kayaking requires comfortable shoes. It’s the same with fishing. Are you going on a boat or will you stay on the shore? Hiking, again, comes with its own water shoes. I suppose you get the point.
Once you determined all the criteria above, you should be able to make up your mind regarding an individual model. You can find them online or in store, but my advice is to compare prices before making the purchase. Some places may provide lower prices, which is always a win.
What are the best water shoes?
There are many available models, both in stores and online. You can’t possibly know which pair is the best. It’s not like you tried them all. My advice is to look at some reviews you can find online. People write reviews for future buyers as yourself. It’s the best way to find out if a particular model is indeed as good as advertised.
Aleader Men’s Mesh Slip-On Water Shoes
The model from Aleader is made of fabric, which is why I tend to believe they are extremely comfortable. There are no laces, so you don’t even have to spend that much time putting them on. You just slip your feet in them, and you are good to go. If you are looking for the best men’s water shoes, you have just found them.
The sole is made of rubber, which means you won’t have an issue with traction. The water grip outsole will make sure that you will feel stable in slippery conditions. The rubberitself is an excellent non-slip material, so the purpose is met. Your feet will be able to breathe properly because the upper side is made or breathable and durable mesh. The midsole is made of solyte, which means the shoes are very lightweight. They also have a great bounce-back and durability.
These water shoes feature a ComfortDry sock liner that provides ideal cushioning performance. Your feet will be cool, dry, and ultimately they will be healthier. The open mesh and the open holes on the sole will make sure that the shoes and your feet will dry in as little time as possible. Overall, I think that they are an excellent pair of water shoes, especially for the price they have. Few manufacturers provide such high-quality as low prices, but Aleader is one of them. Click here to read more reviews and buy on Amazon.
Krimus Women’s Water Shoes
Since I already talked about water shoes for men, I thought that I could help ladies to choose the best women’s water shoes as well. The Krimus modelis made of synthetic materials and is imported, but that doesn’t make the shoes less good than the ones manufactured in the USA.
The sole of these shoes is made of rubber. A water grip system and cushioned outsole will provide excellent traction in wet and slippery environments. The Krimus water shoes will protect your feet from water immersion. The durable air mesh, the rubber sole, and the through-hole design will allow water to flow quickly and your feet will be dry in a short period of time.
The midsole of the Krimus water shoes is made of solyte, which is a highly lightweight material that can provide exceptional bounce-back. In spite of the fact that it is very light, solyte is also very durable, which will contribute to the shoes’ long lifespan. What makes these shoes so comfortable is the fact that they have a cushioned EVA (Ethylene Vinyl Acetate) insole and a breathable lining.
Since we are talking about women’s shoes, let’s not forget about fashion. The Krimus water shoes are stylish, and can easily be worn while practicing water sports, as well as on the beach. They can be found in various colors that will match any clothing item, especially in the summer when ladies like to dress as colorful as possible. There are a lot of satisfied customers out there who claim that the product looks and feel exactly as advertised, which is the primary reason for choosing the Krimus model. Click here to read more reviews and buy on Amazon.
L-Run Kids Water Shoes
I already talked about men’s and women’s water shoes, so it’s only logical that I should speak about the best kids’ water shoes. I believe that children need them more than adults because their feet are more sensible and need some extra protection, even when they go to the beach. I suppose that if you have a child, it is almost impossible that he or she has never had something penetrate their feet while at the beach.
The L-Run water shoes for kids are made of polyester, but the sole is made of rubber. They may seem frail, but they are actually made of durable, high-stretch fabric that has a strongwicking performance. The water won’t stay long in them, and they are very comfortable to wear. With kids, you almost never know if they are comfortable, but the fabric that the L-Run shoes are made of ensures your child’s comfort. They have a unique design that makes the shape a comfortable fit, they will not distort in time, and they maintain the foot pretty. The highly adhesive material will prevent slipping in any given circumstances, and the soft rubber outsole is thick enough to protect the feet from injuries, like the ones your child gets when he or she steps o a stone or a shell.
These water shoes are unisex; you can find them in a variety of colors that you child will love. We all know that kids prefer as many colors as possible, something to draw their attention, and the manufacturer provides just that. They are excellent, not only for activities that involve wet environments but for any other leisure and sports activity that your child may be involved in. Click here to read more reviews and buy on Amazon.
Since I chose to present a model for each category (men, women, and children), I cannot say that I have a favorite. All three products are high-quality, meet their purpose, and are as comfortable as they can possibly be. But since I am a woman, I am going to go with the Krimus Women’s Water Shoes. I honestly believe that they are among the best water shoes on the market, and I highly recommend them.
Water shoes are more useful than one may think. You can easily say that you can get by with the shoes you have. You are not wrong. You may handle wet environments with the shoes you already own. The point is that there is always something better. Goog is only good enough until something better comes in sight. Click here to buy on Amazon
- Who’s Talking About Toddler Water Shoes and Why You Should Be Worried
- The Nuiances of Best Mens Water Shoes
- The Basic Facts of Water Shoes with Toes
- Hiking Water Shoes Ideas
- The Number One Article on Cheap Water Shoes
- The Downside Risk of Wet Shoes That No One Is Talking About
- The Water Shoes for Kids Game
- If You Read Nothing Else Today, Read This Report on Womens Water Shoes
- The Unusual Details Into Mens Water Shoes That Many People are not Aware Of
- Swim Shoes Fundamentals Explained
- Confidential Facts on Aqua Shoes Only the Pros Know Exist
- The Basics of Water Shoes for Women
- A Secret Weapon for Water Shoes for Men
- Facts, Fiction and Water Shoes
- Using Best Water Shoes for Men
- Best Aqua Shoes Can Be Fun for Everyone
- Finding the Best Best Water Shoes for Women
- The Secrets of Water Aerobic Shoes Exposed
- Life, Death, and Vibram Water Shoes
- Ruthless Mens Swim Shoes Strategies Exploited
- New Ideas Into Water Shoes Womens Never Before Revealed
- New Step by Step Roadmap for Womens Water Sandals
- What You Don’t Know About Best Water Shoes for Hiking Could Be Costing to More Than You Think
- Most Noticeable Water Sneakers
- The Undisputed Truth About Best Water Sandals That the Experts Don’t Want You to Know
- The True Meaning of Mens Aqua Shoes
- The Key to Successful Where to Buy Water Shoes
- Most Noticeable Rivers Shoes
- What You Have to Know About Mens Water Sandals
- Definitions of Best Womens Water Shoes
- The Absolute Best Approach to Use for Pool Shoes Revealed
- The Supreme Approach to Speedo Water Shoes
- The Upside to Toe Water Shoes
- Purchasing Kids Water Shoes
- The Good, the Bad and Women ‘s Water Shoes